Why the Ramblers?
There are many reasons to join the Ramblers:
- Health - it's the ideal way to work off those extra pounds. We also have advice for people with health-related conditions who want to enjoy their walking safely.
- Social - if you're new to west London, it's a great way to make new friends!
- Pleasure - of walking
- Campaigning - preserving what we have and promoting new opportunities:
- Working for Rights of Ways
- Footpath clearing
- Promoting access to the Countryside
- Protecting the countryside
But what do I get out of it?
- Enjoyment - whether you prefert to walk alone to blow away the cobwebs or walking with family or friends; the Ramblers offers valuable information and guidance through its website, publications and enquiry line.
- Opportunities - we offer around 450 group walks each weekend across England, Scotland and wales) the perfect way to make the most of the social side of walking.
- Walk Britain - Free to members (recommended retail price, £5.99). It contains information, maps, photographs, contact details and accommodation listings (many discounted).
- Walk Magazine. A quarterly magazine, it is packed with fantastic features, guest editorial from renowned writers and stunning photography, and will update you on the progress of our footpath, countryside, access and promoting walking campaigns, as well as news and developments from the world of walking
For more information about the Ramblers, visit the Ramblers website.